WebSphere Portlet Factory (Previously BowStreet) has been gaining momemtum again in the Portal space. For sometime after IBM bough over Bowstreet a year ago, I felt that it was not been used by many other than those that previously bought it from BowStreet. But now, I have been talking to a lot of customers using this product to rapidly build portlets that connect to SAP, PeopleSoft, Web Services among others seamlessly. Integration of Portlets with the databases and other backend applications has become so easy with this product.
While, I came across quite a lot of forums about Portlet Factory, this one (Portlet Factory Best Practices Forum) particularly seems very interesting and seems to have some interesting questions asked. Others that might be of interest to you:
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – Getting Started
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – Legacy Bowstreet Forum Posts
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – Lotus Collaboration Extension
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – PeopleSoft Extension – Forum
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – SAP Extension
- WebSphere Portlet Factory – Web Services and XML Schema
This would give you great amount of information on how users are building portlets to do integration with backend applications.